Under graduate Honours and General Courses in Sociology
1. The Department of Sociology visited Dibong as an educational trip on 31.01.2019.
5. The Department of Sociology under the aegis of IQAC, Margherita College has organized a webinar on the title, “Locating Gender in Development: Theory and Practice” on 7.2021. The webinar was graced by the Vice Chancellor of Bir Sati Sadhani State University, Dr. Jyoti Prasad Saikia. Resource Persons were, Dr Vaishali Shivprasad Joshi, St. Mira’s College, Pune and Partha Pratim Borah, Assistant Professor, Dibrugarh University.
4. National Webinar on “ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY AND PROSPECT OF MODERN INDUSTRIAL DESIGN OF NORTH EASTERN COAL FIELDS IN MARGHERITA” Organised by – The Department of Sociology in association with Departments of Commerce, Dept. of Economics, Dept. of Management and Dept. of History, Margherita College On 17th July 2020 Time – 11.00 a.m. Resource persons were Anil Kumar Bora Retd. Chief General Manager NECF CIL, Dr. Ranjit Dutta Retd. General Manager (Personnel) Eastern Coal Field Limited, Asansol, CIL, Mr. Anil Kumar Bharali Retd. General Manager, (Safety & Rescue) CIL, Kolkata, Mr. Rajen Kumar Dutta Retd. General Manager (P&IR) Mahanadi CIL, Odisha, Mr. Sarbananda Seal Retd. Chief Mining Engineer, NECL, Margherita. Participants were around 250
3. An International Webinar on 'Quarantine and students: Friend or Foe' is conducted on 07.07.2020 by the College. Dr. A.K.M Saiful Alam, Senior Surgeon, Bangladesh; Dr. Ankita Deka, Assoc. Professor, Augsburg University, USA; Dr. Binod Ch. Borah, Jt. Registrar (Academic), DU; Dr. Dhrubajyoti Bhuyan, Asstt. Prof. of Psychiatry, Assam Medical College; Mr. Raj Gogoi, Clinical Psychologist; Sidhanta Borkataky, Expressive Arts Therapist have served as Resource persons. Total participants were around 815.
2. Department of Sociology conducts a workshop Prospects of Alternative Livelihood for educated Youth on 4.11.19
Economy and Society in Marx, Durkheim, and Weber
Some Principles of Stratification
Author(s): Kingsley Davis and Wilbert E. Moore
Source: American Sociological Review , Apr., 1945, Vol. 10, No. 2, 1944 Annual Meeting
Papers (Apr., 1945), pp. 242-249
Published by: American Sociological Association
Stable URL: https://www.jstor.org/stable/2085643
The relationship between science and technology
Harvey Brooks John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard Universily, 79 J.F.K. Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
The Bodo Movement in Assam: Unrest to Accord Author(s): Sudhir Jacob George Source: Asian Survey , Oct., 1994, Vol. 34, No. 10 (Oct., 1994), pp. 878-892 Published by: University of California Press Stable URL: https://www.jstor.org/stable/2644967
A Note on Sanskritization and Westernization Author(s): M. N. Srinivas Source: The Far Eastern Quarterly , Aug., 1956, Vol. 15, No. 4 (Aug., 1956), pp. 481-496 Published by: Association for Asian Studies Stable URL: https://www.jstor.org/stable/2941919
MSO 104: SOCIAL STRATIFICATION
CENTRE FOR OPEN AND DISTANCE LEARNING TEZPUR UNIVERSITY (A CENTRAL UNIVERSITY) TEZPUR, ASSAM - 784028 INDIA
Social Stratification, KRISHNA KANTA HANDIQUI STATE OPEN UNIVERSITY, SOCIOLOGY
Max Weber model of social stratification.
WEBERIAN MODEL OF SOCIAL STRATIFICATION -A VIEWPOINT
by- Dr. Kailash Pyakuryal'
Social institutions and continuity
Evaluation of social medicine in India
Social medicine by Michaela Kosticova
Sociology of health by Suvashree Behera
Meaning of Dalit identify by Surinder S. Jodhka
Concept of Swaraj by M.K Gandhi
Forms of marriage and household in India by Sawmya Ray
HISTORY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY IN INDIA
By Dr. Binod Bihari Satpathy
Inequality and Social Structure: A Comparison of Marx and Weber Author(s): Reinhard Bendix Source: American Sociological Review , Apr., 1974, Vol. 39, No. 2 (Apr., 1974), pp. 149- 161 Published by: American Sociological Association Stable URL: https://www.jstor.org/stable/2094228
Join google classroom via the link- https://classroom.google.com/c/MzQzNDc4NTUxODg3?cjc=zpwfsop
Join google class room via the link- https://classroom.google.com/c/MzQzNDgzMjkzOTc2?cjc=debeu6h
Join google classroom via the link- https://classroom.google.com/c/MzQzNDg0MTYyNzk3?cjc=cia326j
join google classroom via the link- https://classroom.google.com/c/MzQ4MDgzNzgwNDAz?cjc=ekzk7uf
Sociology Syllabus (CBCS)
science and Technology
Closed and open social stratification Author(s): ANDRÉ BÉTEILLE Source: European Journal of Sociology / Archives Européennes de Sociologie / Europäisches Archiv für Soziologie , 1966, Vol. 7, No. 2, On Suicide (1966), pp. 224-246 Published by: Cambridge University Press Stable URL: https://www.jstor.org/stable/23998467
Menon, N., (ed.) 1999, Gender and Politics in India, Delhi: Oxford University Press, pp.342-369.
From Chipko to Sati: The Contemporary Indian Women’s Movement by- *Radha Kumar